Ranking the ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Stadiums: Best for Fans
The 2020 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup will be held in Australia in a total of seven different stadiums across this stunning and diverse country. In this post, we’ll be comparing the five most popular stadiums as chosen by fans to help you decide where to book your ICC T20 World Cup Australia 2020 Official Hospitality.
We’ll be considering hospitality packages, convenience and location to ensure you have all the information you need to make the most of one of this year’s most exciting sporting events.
1. Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
Melbourne Cricket Ground will host seven matches throughout the tournament, including the final. With a capacity of over 100,000 people, there’s no doubt that this is the largest and most reputable stadium in Australia. Known as “The G” to locals, Melbourne Cricket Ground is situated in Brunton Avenue in Melbourne, Victoria. It is one of the oldest and most popular sporting venues in Australia with a wide variety of hospitality packages on offer for all budgets. It also houses the National Sports Museum, showcasing the nation’s sporting achievements through displays of medals, trophies and a sporting Hall of Fame.
Ranked by Trip Advisor as the second most popular attraction in Melbourne, and with so many matches scheduled during the 2020 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, you’ll want to book your spots here as early as possible to avoid disappointment! There are plenty of well-equipped and inviting hospitality suites at MCG, making it a fantastic option for a luxurious private viewing.
T20 World Cup Matches at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- 25 October 2020 – New Zealand v West Indies
- 29 October 2020 – India v A2
- 01 November 2020 – England v India
- 06 November 2020 – Pakistan v B2
- 06 November 2020 – Australia v New Zealand
- 07 November 2020 – West Indies v A1
- 15 November 2020 – Final
2. Adelaide Oval
Nestled in the parklands between the city centre and Northern Adelaide, the Adelaide Oval has been described as one of the most picturesque cricket grounds in Australia, if not the world. It will be hosting seven of the 2020 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup matches including the semi-finals, making it an attractive option for a family night out or hosting clients at one of the various hospitality packages. With a capacity of 53,500 you are in for a lively experience, without the larger crowds of Melbourne. The more adventurous out there may enjoy scaling the heights of Roofclimb Adelaide Oval to soak up the spectacular views across the city.
T20 World Cup Matches at Adelaide Oval
- 01 November 2020 – Afghanistan v South Africa
- 03 November 2020 – Pakistan v West Indies
- 03 November 2020 – Australia v B2
- 05 November 2020 – South Africa v A2
- 05 November 2020 – India v B2
- 07 November 2020 – England v A2
- 12 November 2020 – Semi-finals 2
3. Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG)
SCG has undergone an incredible transformation in recent years, improving its reputation by offering high-quality hospitality packages and services that have revitalised the stadium, making it a great choice for private viewing. With a total of seven matches being played at SCG including the semi-finals, and being located in one of the world’s most exhilarating cities, places at the SCG are going to sell out fast.
T20 World Cup Matches at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG)
- 24 October 2020 – Australia v Pakistan
- 29 October 2020 – Pakistan v A1
- 30 October 2020 – England v South Africa
- 02 November 2020 – A2 v B1
- 08 November 2020 – South Africa v B1
- 08 November 2020 – Afghanistan v India
- 11 November 2020 – Semi-Finals 1
4. Brisbane Cricket Ground (The Gabba)
The Gabba is located in the capital city of Queensland, Brisbane. The Gabba is the home ground for the Brisbane Heat and has around 42,000 seats, offering unrestricted views of the oval. For the ICC T20 World Cup, it will host only four matches. However, with its amenities, beautiful surroundings and ease of access, it will be a fantastic choice for anyone who wants to catch a cricket game or two during the World Cup.
T20 World Cup Matches at the Brisbane Cricket Ground (The Gabba)
- 31 October 2020 – New Zealand v Pakistan
- 31 October 2020 – Australia v A1
- 02 November 2020 – New Zealand v A1
- 04 November 2020 – Afghanistan v England
5. Bellerive Oval (Hobart)
The Bellerive Oval is located in Hobart, Tasmania – an island state off the coast of mainland Australia – making it a little harder to access than some of the other venues. It is also the smallest stadium in Australia with a capacity of just 20,000. As the Bellerive Oval will only host two matches for the ICC T20 World Cup, it’s a good option for hospitality purchases wishing to enjoy a match in a more intimate setting.
T20 World Cup Matches at the Bellerive Oval (Hobart)
- 25 October 2020 – A1 v B2
- 27 October 2020 – New Zealand v B2
Whatever stadium you choose to visit during the flagship cricket tournament of 2020, STH can help ensure you have the best seats to watch all the excitment. Ensure this is a tournamanet you don’t miss out on.